New York Life continues to hold highest possible ratings for financial strength from four major rating agencies.
A.M. Best, Fitch, and Moody’s Cite Market Leadership and Career Agency System As Strengths.
NEW YORK, August 17, 2016 – New York Life, America’s largest mutual life insurer, today announced that with the latest affirmation by A.M. Best last month, the company holds the highest possible ratings for financial strength currently awarded to any life insurer from all four major rating agencies. New York Life remains one of only two life insurers with the highest financial strength ratings currently awarded by all four of the major rating agencies, out of 800 life insurers operating in the United States today.
A.M. Best affirmed its A++ (superior) financial strength rating on New York Life, its highest possible rating, on July 15, 2016. Earlier this year, Fitch Ratings affirmed the company’s financial strength rating of AAA, its highest possible rating, and Moody’s affirmed its highest financial strength rating, Aaa, on New York Life. New York Life continues to hold the top rating for life insurers from Standard & Poor’s, which was affirmed on July 20, 2016. All four rating agencies maintained their stable outlook on New York Life’s ratings.
Among the highlights from the major rating agencies’ comments in affirming New York Life’s ratings this year are:
A.M. BEST – RATING OF A++ (HIGHEST) AFFIRMED JULY 15, 2016
- Leading market position in the U.S. life insurance industry;
- Strength of its career agency distribution force;
- Excellent risk-adjusted capitalization;
- Favorable liability profile;
- Consistent operating earnings;
- Commitment to mutuality; and
- Competitive advantage of its core career agency force.
FITCH RATINGS – RATING OF AAA (HIGHEST) AFFIRMED MARCH 29, 2016
- Market leadership in life insurance and leading writer of guaranteed income annuities;
- Extremely strong capital;
- Conservative operating profile;
- Strong brand recognition; and
- Effective career distribution system.
MOODY’S INVESTORS SERVICE – RATING OF AAA (HIGHEST) AFFIRMED AUGUST 9, 2016
- Top-tier position in U.S. individual life insurance market;
- Productive and well-established career agency distribution force;
- Large block of individual life insurance containing significant embedded profits; and
- Well diversified investment portfolio, strong liquidity and outstanding capitalization.
STANDARD & POOR’S – RATING OF AA+ (HIGHEST FOR LIFE INSURERS) AFFIRMED JULY 20, 2016
- Excellent business risk profile which is complemented by an extremely strong financial risk profile;
- Very strong competitive position, reflecting its widely recognizable brand and significant controlled distribution;
- The company’s career agency force with significant size, market penetration and productivity;
- Extremely strong capital adequacy and strong earnings; • Strong enterprise risk management; and
- Mutual status.
New York Life Insurance Company, a Fortune 100 company founded in 1845, is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States* and one of the largest life insurers in the world. New York Life has the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major credit rating agencies: A.M. Best (A++), Fitch (AAA), Moody’s Investors Service (Aaa), Standard & Poor’s (AA+).** Headquartered in New York City, New York Life’s family of companies offers life insurance, retirement income, investments and long-term care insurance. New York Life Investments*** provides institutional asset management. Other New York Life affiliates provide an array of securities products and services, as well as retail mutual funds. Please visit New York Life’s website at www.newyorklife.com for more information.
SOURCE: New York Life Insurance Company